The Purpose of the Georgia Society of the American College of Surgeons is
1. To promote the elevation of the standards of surgical care and practice for the benefit of all patients and practicing surgeons in the state of Georgia.
2. To provide for close fellowship of its Members in uniting their efforts to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient.
3. To encourage and promote training and education for surgical residents and Members of the Society.
4. To offer the assistance of its Members to professional and civic groups concerned with the health of the community.
5. To provide a medium through which surgical experiences may be presented and to provide a meeting ground for all surgical specialties.
6. To advocate, through its political action committee, for the benefit and welfare of surgeons in order to attract quality applicants into surgical training programs with the goal of improving the surgical care to all patients.